UK trade with Ireland
Published Tuesday, January 14, 2020
Ireland is one of the UK's largest trading partners. This note gives some key statistics on UK-Ireland trade.
Jump to full report >>
This note provides some key statistics on the UK’s trade with Ireland. They are taken from the Office for National Statistics and the HMRC database UK Trade Info.
- In 2018, UK exports to Ireland were worth £35.1 billion; imports from Ireland were £21.6 billion, resulting in a trade surplus of £13.5 billion with Ireland.
- The UK had a surplus with Ireland in both goods and services.
- Ireland accounted for 5.5% of UK exports and 3.2% of all UK imports.
- Ireland was the UK’s 5th largest export market and the 10th largest source of imports.
- The UK has recorded a trade surplus with Ireland every year between 1999 and 2018.
Share this page