UK trade with Ireland
Published Friday, July 26, 2019
Ireland is one of the UK's largest trading partners. This note gives some key statistics on UK-Ireland trade.
Jump to full report >>
This note provides some key statistics on the UK’s trade with Ireland. They are taken from the Office for National Statistics and the HMRC database UK Trade Info.
- In 2018, UK exports to Ireland were worth £38.3 billion; imports from Ireland were £21.9 billion, resulting in a trade surplus of £16.4 billion with Ireland.
- The UK had a surplus with Ireland in both goods and services.
- Ireland accounted for 6.0% of UK exports and 3.3% of all UK imports.
- Ireland was the UK’s 5th largest export market and the 9th largest source of imports.
- The UK has recorded a trade surplus with Ireland every year between 1999 and 2018.
Share this page