Published Monday, June 3, 2019
There will be a debate on education funding on Tuesday 4 June 2019. This will be led by Gordon Henderson MP and will take place in Westminster Hall for one hour, starting at 6.30pm.
Existing Library briefing papers
The Library has a comprehensive range of briefings on education funding:
In addition, we have recently published a briefing on the Augar Review of post-18 education, which made a series of recommendations on tuition fees in HE and the funding of further education:
A selection of recent press and other commentary
Further and higher education
- Institute for Fiscal Studies, 'Augar Review aims to rebalance funding to FE and give government more control over HE funding', 30 May 2019.
- 'English fee cut ‘could torpedo Welsh funding settlement’, in Times Higher Education, 23 May 2019.
- Higher Education Policy Institute, Lunchtime takeaways, 10 points to note in today’s Augar report, 30 May 2019.
- Wonkhe, Blink and you’ll miss it: ten hidden treasures buried deep in Augar, 30 May 2019.
- “University tuition fees 'should be cut to £7,500'”, BBC News, 30 May 2019.
- “Give worse-off students £3,000 to stay in education, says report”, The Guardian, 30 May 2019.
- “Post-18 education review: Introduce a ‘lifelong learning loan allowance’”, FE Week,30 May 2019.
- Association of Colleges, "Post-18 Review: AoC response", 29 May 2019.
Selected parliamentary debate
- School funding, HC Deb, 4 March 2019, Vol. 655, c253WH onward.
- School funding, HC Deb, 24 April 2019, Vol. 658, c968 onward.
- School funding: Gloucestershire, HC Deb, 30 January 2019, Vol. 653, c390 onward.
Further and higher education; general
- Equality of opportunity for young people, HL Deb 16 May 2019, Vol. 797, c1707 onward.
- Further education funding, HC Deb 02 April 2019, Vol. 657 c298WH onward.
- Department for Education (Estimates), HC Deb 26 February 2019, Vol. 655, c207 onward.
- Education funding, HC Deb 13 November 2018, Volume 649 c237 onward.
Share this page